November, 13, 2020....uh, Friday the 13th......just saying....

This day began at 4:15 A.M.  Like in the middle of the night, you know?

Bob got up to use the bathroom and heard a noise, sounded like water running.  The dishwasher?  This time of the night?  He went into the kitchen and walked into a flooded kitchen.  He looked for a turn off under the sink, kneeling in the standing puddle of water...finally he decided it was bigger than something simple and he knocked on Kenny and Jessica's door to alert them.  I woke to hearing 3 voices...I didn't feel like I'd gotten a good night's sleep and I was surprised to hear all of them since Jessica goes to work early and Kenny leaves about 1 hour later.  Okay, something must be up, I think to myself.  Sure enough, flooding in the kitchen. kitchen pantry and turns out in their closet in their bedroom too.  Many soaking towels, carpet cleaner/vac droning, refrigerator moving, washer and dryer moving, dishwasher moving, pantry and clothes closet emptying (lots of shoes there, Jessica) later, the puddle was shrunk to dampness and now fans and heaters are working to dry out the hidden areas.  By this time it was time for Jessica to get up for work so she stayed up and got ready for work and the rest of us fell into bed for a bit more sleep.  A hose to the dishwasher was the culprit so the dishwasher was shut off and the water turned on for the rest of the house.

Bob and I tried our best to be helpers while they were at work.  Bob worked on sucking up the water from their soaking closet rug (put outside to drip out there).  I helped with the washing/drying of all the towels used.  We washed the dishes that were in the dishwasher so all was clear there.  The dogs helped by barking loudly at every butterfly that went by - mostly Cole, their 90 pound black lab.  Great watch dog, but gives us a start every time he thinks something is amiss.  Think this night will end early.  Sigh.

 Little Roxie, Cooper (Golden Retriever) and Cole (black lab mix).  All enjoying treats given to them.

Jessica and "Cole man"


Can you find Roxie's little tufted head?  Cooper is pretty obvious.  He did try to lie down on Roxie...had to convince him to sit on the other side of me.




Oh, yes, one fun thing -  we did have a bit of snow when we woke up the second time so that was pretty:




Sat under the patio cover to enjoy the snow falling


Bob out on the deck sucking up the water from the dripping indoor carpet.



Comments

Post a Comment